Move over burgers, hot dogs are coming!
Remember how we have such a craze for gourmet burgers. Apparently, they are no longer ‘hip’. It is now all about hot dogs.
Stratford is a spot we frequent. Apart from shopping, we hit Dogs + Shakes for lunch. It is a food van located in Stratford Westfield. Besides hotdogs, we were also spoiled for milkshake choices.
We went for a Ranch dog and a Nacho dog. Boyfriend was very skeptical about my Nacho dog at the beginning, He thought it was weird to have nachos in a hotdog. How wrong he was! The nachos added crunchiness, which complemented beautifully to other parts of the hog dog.
The ranch dog has the classic sauerkraut. It reminded us of Germany.
So here is what I think of the place:
- Food quality: 4 out 5, the hot dogs were great, but the milkshake was so so.
- Value for money: 4 out 5. I would say the price is quite reasonable. Not the cheapest.
- Atmosphere: 5 out 5. I often enjoy eating street food and the surrounding was definitely very street. However, I do wonder what it would be like if the weather is not so nice.
- Service: well, difficult to judge. After all, it is just food from a van. I would say the server was very friendly.
- Would I recommend to others? Absolutely yes.
Address: Dogs+Shakes, 6A Chestnut Plaza, Westfield Stratford City, 2 Montfichet Rd, London E20 1GL
Autumn is here. We were quite lucky this weekend was very sunny. So we enjoyed the last bit of sunshine, before the cold breeze kicking in. On a side note, I also like burgers very much. Hotdogs and burgers are just very different. Sure I joke about certain food becoming trendy, but I am a strong believer that good food will always be loved regardless of trends. It is a bit like what Yves Saint Laurent has said,
‘Fashions fade, style is eternal.’
I think it applies to food too. Lastly, apparently hamdog is coming to town.